Friday, February 25, 2011

Petition-Withdraw from Prosecution-Section 321 of CrPC

Under Section 321 of CrPC the public prosecutor or Assistant Public Prosecutor in charge of a case may withdraw from prosecution of any person with the consent of the Court at any time before the judgement is pronounced. The draft form is as under:
Before the Honourable Judicial First Class Magistrate Court______(enter station)
CC /ST___(enter case number)
Complainant:(enter name)
Accused:(enter name)
Petition filed to withdraw from prosecuting the case
1. That the above case primafacie makes out no case against the above named accused.
2. Any further proceeding agaisnt him will be abuse of the process of the Court and will only cause unnecessary harrassment of the accused.
Therefore it is humbly prayed that this Honourable Court may be pleased to permit the State to withdraw the case pending against the above accused.
Dated this the ______(enter date)
Sd/-Assistant Public Prosecutor

No comments:

Post a Comment

do not use abusive language

Share Your View-Guest Posts

We have been here for quite some time. We are happy with providing short and simple notes on various legal matters. Now after receiving many requests from people for permitting them to write on this blog, we have thought of starting Guest Post section. Since many sites are already providing such facilities to readers, it will be very unfair on our part if we don't let great writers among you to express your views and analysis of various legal matters through an established medium.
Hence please share your thoughts and interest in becoming a Guest Writer. If we receive a good number of positive responses favouring it, we will publish an open invitation for Guest Writers.
Let me know your thoughts and views about starting such a new section in Sense of Law. Any one can mail me at and put subject of the mail as 'GW'.
Thank You for all the support. Best wishes.

Search Here

My Blog List

SENSE OF LAW Headlines

Recent Posts