Under Section 257 of Criminal Procedure Code, the complainant can withdraw a case by filing a petition if he satisfies the Magistrate that there are sufficient grounds for permitting him to withdraw his complaint. Thereupon the Magistrate acquits the accused.
Before the Honourable Judicial First Class Magistrate Court______(enter station)
CC /ST___(enter case number)
Complainant:(enter name)
Accused:(enter name)
Petition filed to withdraw from prosecuting the case
1. This petition is filed by the complainant in the above numbered case.
2. That the matter related to the above numbered case has been settled and there is no need to proceed with the case. Any further proceeding with the case will only result in abuse of the process of the Court.
Hence it is humbly prayed that this Honourable Court may be pleased to allow the complainant to withdraw the case.
Dated this the _____day of ____(enter date)
Sd/- Complainant

Post a Comment

Do not use abusive language